Average Hours Per Week: 6
As a Part Time Program Coordinator with Portfolio Resident Services, you will be an integral member of the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive services to residents of affordable multi-family apartment communities. Our team of over 200+ Community Activity Coordinators ate impacting lives at more than 300 communities throughout Texas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Illinois, Kansas, Virginia and Colorado, through our Good Neighbor Program – a creative and diverse program that provides learning enrichment, life skills and cultural diversity.
The Program Coordinator facilitates the Good Neighbor Program for the children and their families, through a variety of activities/classes on-site, as well as marketing the program to the residents and reaching out to community partners for financial support.
Program Coordinators can expect to provide services such as but not limited to afterschool programs, scholastic tutoring sessions, recreational activities, health and nutrition resources, computer classes, social events and financial literacy classes.
Who is the ideal candidate?
A self-starter who thrives in an independent environment is well organized, learns fast, self-disciplined and able to multi-task. Ideally, someone who is very outgoing, enthusiastic and has a heart for their community.
- Design, plan, create and post monthly calendars and flyers to advertise activities and program offerings on-site.
- Oversees program offerings and activities, recruit’s volunteers/community partners, providing resources and donations that respond to specific areas of need and serve to accomplish the organization’s mission.
- Provide a welcoming and inviting atmosphere to all residents.
- Enlist residents’ support and participation with program planning and activities.
- Solicit donations and work with community partners.
Experience and Qualifications Desired
- Must be available to work 1-2 days per week; Hours are 12-5pm (Monday- Friday)
- Relevant experience in education, social work, non-profit or a related field; Volunteer experience will be considered.
- Experience with children, teens, adults and/or senior citizens in various capacities.
- Must have home computer, access to email and capability to do light printing.
- Bachelor's degree or degree in progress desired.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Click to here to learn more about PRS.