Are you looking for a part-time job that you can sink your ‘heart’ into?
Would you like to work a flexible schedule?
Would you like to earn up to $19 per hour? 14 hours a week?
As a Program Coordinator, you will be an integral member of our mission to improve the quality of life for individuals, families, and senior citizens in affordable housing communities. PRS provides quality social assistance to residents through programs designed to raise culture, life skills, and family standards.
The Program Coordinator provides CORES certified resident services, which include programs that build knowledge, marketable skills, enhance a healthy lifestyle and lift families up.
Who is the ideal candidate?
A self-starter who thrives in an independent environment is well organized, resourceful, learns fast, self-disciplined, and able to multi-task. Ideally, someone who is very outgoing, enthusiastic and has a heart for their community. A compassionate leader for social and economic change. The ideal candidate is seeking a part time flexible position in the social services, education, and nonprofit careers.
General Function: Serve as a link between PRS and the affordable housing community by maintaining a visible, professional, cooperative and courteous relationship between property, community and management. Create and implement a monthly calendar of developmental activities and essential resources that prioritizes the supportive services needed for resident social, educational, and economic needs. Demonstrating leadership in overseeing donations, resident engagement, and volunteer efforts.
· Provide a welcoming and inviting atmosphere to all residents, serve as an initial point of contact to the community center.
· Prepare reports based on distributed calendar, sign-in sheets, and the number of contracted program hours and activities offered each month.
· Design, create and post monthly calendars and updated flyers weekly to advertise activities and program offerings on-site. Door to door distribution throughout the property including the use of stairs.
· Oversees program offerings and activities, recruit’s volunteers, solicit donations and work with community partners.
· Log communications with volunteers, community partners and donations regularly, submit monthly log.
· Provide information about local resources or assistance within the community to residents.
· Enlist residents’ support and participation with program planning and activities to ascertain whether additional services or programs are needed. Communicate resident needs to personnel to facilitate addressing those needs proactively.
· Independently monitor, observe, and interact with children and or seniors.
· Maintain sign-in sheets for each activity and program offering regardless of participation or attendees.
· Fiscally responsibly use tax-exempt certificate and number. Monitor monthly petty cash while replenishing consumable goods, supplies, paper, office supplies, and basic cleaning supplies.
· Supervise the use of the community center while maintaining a clean and organized presentation.
· Maintain neat organization of all PRS binders, documents, forms to present upon request to property management and resident services personnel.
· Other duties as assigned by direct management and or PRS corporate staff.
Experience and Qualifications Desired
· Must be available to work 3-5 days per week; Hours are 12-5pm (Monday- Friday)
· Relevant experience in education, social work, non-profit or a related field; Volunteer experience will be considered.
· Experience with children, teens, adults and/or senior citizens in various capacities.
· Ability to work independently without supervision and multitask.
· Exceptional organizational, computer and administrative skills.
· Effective written and oral communication skills.
· Familiarity with community and social service resources.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour